The NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) is an autonomous body of the Indian government set up on 1st September 1961 with the sole objective to design and execute a standard education system in the whole country.
The NCERT produces study materials for students from classes 1 to 12, including the construction of NCERT textbooks, teaching materials and reference materials for teachers, learning materials for students, and organises several national level examinations. It also provides solutions for all the classes and subjects. For example, NCERT solutions for class 9 English offers students to understand the different topics easily and helps them to prepare for their examination.
Functions of NCERT
- Organise in-service and pre-service training and extensions service to teachers
- Encourage and co-ordinate research in all the branches of education
- Act as a clearinghouse for all the ideas and matters of school education
- Develop new trends and methods in school education
- Serve in co-operations with educational authorities in various states and universities
- Undertake studies, investigation and surveys relating to school education
- Sustain intimate connection with related national and international bodies
- Publish books, journals and other literature and make them available to the public
Objectives of NCERT
- Prepare and promote research programmes
- Encourage research programs of all the educational institutions for their qualitative advancement.
- Broadcast and telecast instructional programmes all over the country
- Discover answers to all educational problems
- Arrange educational programmes for all the primary and secondary schools throughout the country
NCERT Class 9 English Moment Book
The Class 9 English textbook has four parts: English Literature Reader, English Beehive, English Moments, and English Main Coursebook. Each one of them consists of many chapters. The English literature reader consists of prose, poetry and dramas. The other three parts consist of prose, poems and short stories. English Moments book has ten chapters. NCERT solutions provide a summary and some essential points from each chapter. For example, in NCERT class 9 English Moment book, the chapter, In the Kingdom of Fools, gives a brief summary about the lesson and solutions for the problems from that chapter. It helps students to understand the lesson easily. It also provides practice questions and answers at the end of each lesson that assists students to practice and prepare for their final examination. Class 9 English Moment book has the following chapters:
Class 9 English Moments
- Chapter 1 The Lost Child
- Chapter 2 The Adventure Of Toto
- Chapter 3 Ishwaran The Storyteller
- Chapter 4 In The Kingdom Of Fools
- Chapter 5 The Happy Prince
- Chapter 6 Weathering The Storm In Ersama
- Chapter 7 The Last Leaf
- Chapter 8 A House Is Not A Home
- Chapter 9 The Accidental Tourist
- Chapter 10 The Beggar
Why are NCERT Books Important?
NCERT books have been outlined by the committee of teachers at NCERT who have enormous teaching experience, syllabus knowledge and best teaching standards for students. They designed NCERT books and study materials according to the latest syllabus. They also assured that the content in the books is defined in such a way that the students of the whole country and with various backgrounds and rational levels can be read and understood. These books are outlined and authorised by professionals and teachers of disparate groups who also organise the syllabus. Finally, the question papers that come in the examinations. Thus, the students should focus on reading the NCERT books to ensure their preparation is as per the necessities composed by NCERT.
The teachers are the best source to get NCERT solutions. If they explain them in a step-by-step approach to solving the NCERT questions, nothing can be better than that.